October 16, 2014
What in the World is Going On: A Global Intelligence Briefing for Gulf Coast CEOs
-6:00 pm Cocktails
6:00 pm-7:30 pm Herb Meyer
BMO Harris Bank
The last two years have been eventful to put it mildly which means that CEOs and other top-level executives need to understand the impact on their businesses of how global trends in politics, economics, and even culture are shifting and, more importantly, what dangers and opportunities lie ahead.
Herb will bring us up to speed on the latest trends and developments:
• What's going on with the war? Is al Qaeda losing ground, or spreading its reach into Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and parts of Africa? Will Iran get its nuclear bomb, or will its weapons program be stopped by the agreement our Secretary of State has negotiated undefined or by an Israeli attack?
• Will Europe's Common Market, and the Euro itself, survive? What will Europe's future mean for US companies?
• How are demographic changes around the world igniting new business opportunities for American companies?
• Will China really become the world's next superpower? Or will its rapidly aging population turn China into the world biggest nursing home? Will India finally take advantage of its higher birth rate to surpass China on the world stage?
• Why has no one in Washington DC even noticed the steadily accelerating growth of the world economy, which now brings more than 50 million people out of poverty every year? How are businesses responding to this extraordinary opportunity to reach a new, young customer base that wants every product and service American companies can provide
Herbert E. Meyer served during the Reagan Administration as Special Assistant to the Director of Central Intelligence and Vice Chairman of the CIA's National Intelligence Council. In these positions, he managed production of the U.S. National Intelligence Estimates and other top-secret projections for the President and his national security advisers. Mr. Meyer is widely credited with being the first U.S. Government official to forecast the Soviet Union's collapse -- a forecast for which he later was awarded the U.S. National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal, which is the Intelligence Community's highest honor.
Mr. Meyer is author of How to Analyze Information and The Cure for Poverty.
Formerly an associate editor of FORTUNE, he has authored several books including The War Against Progress, Real-World Intelligence, and Hard Thinking. Mr. Meyer and his wife, Jill, are co-authors of How to Write, which is among the world's most widely used writing handbooks.
Mr. Meyer's essays on Intelligence and Politics have been published in The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Policy Review and The American Thinker.
Mr. Meyer is host and producer of The Siege of Western Civilization, a DVD that outlines the threats to America's security, economy, and culture.
These days, Mr. Meyer is a popular speaker on the lecture circuit. He delivers his overview of global trends and developments, entitled What in the World is Going On?, to corporations, business associations, student organizations and public affairs groups throughout the world.
Additional Guests $75
Contact Tonia Fabyanic